Library Rap

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 13-Productive or Not...That is the question

I'm not convinced that I found a lot of productivity enhancers in this Thing, but it may be because I'm not that much of an organized person and this kind of rubs me the wrong way...I think I would waste more time trying to be organized than actually being organized. I could see that if you were a person who had their ducks in a row and thrived on that, these tools would be quite amazing.

I already had a Google start page and I tweaked it a little. I also had a Yahoo homepage that I tweaked, too. More time wasted...My internet home page is set to my email for my home computer and the library website for my work computer, so I have no desire to set either of these as my home page, but when I am at Google or Yahoo it is nice to see a customized page.

I could see Stickynotes.net being handy. I have put some stickies on my desktop. One has a message on it. Two are there so I can just pop to it and add a sticky if I want to and save a step if I'm in a hurry. Not that it was time consuming to do anyway, but I wanted to see how I like it.

I think Zamzar will be very handy, especially for students who come in having done work at home or school on a program we don't have and wanting to do more work. Converting it would have been handy just last week when a student needed a program we didn't have here. (although he probably loved the excuse that he couldn't work on it....) I've got it saved to favorites in case I need it.

To-do lists might be handy, but isn't that what scratch paper is for? And it is more portable...

Backpack looks time consuming to me...the previously mentioned aversion to being that organized applies here, too.

Basically, it all comes down to how much work do I want to put in to getting myself organized...hmmmm...not so much!

No comments:

Thing 8-Zoo to You slideshow

Teeny Fish Tank

23 Tunes from 23 Things on a Stick ning

My Library Thing